Please allow me to introduce myself, Rich Hoeg. I live in northern Minnesota on the edge of Duluth across the road from a stream that roars down to Lake Superior, Amity Creek. I have decided to embark upon a year long photography project which will combine my love of the photography, the outdoors, and birds. I hope to improve my photo taking skills via this effort, while at the same time providing enjoyment for my readers.
This project starts on my wife’s birthday, January 23, 2014.
Some Quick Notes:
- I am not a professional photographer
- My only project rule is a “bird” (abstract or real) must appear in every photograph.
- My camera is a Canon Sx40 … thus not an expensive DSLR
- Index of this project’s photos (updated weekly)
I plan to organize and take photos / tag by …
- season … Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall
- weather … clear, mostly clear, mostly cloudy, cloudy, rain, sleet, hail, snow
- available light … twilight, golden hour, day, night
- habitat … lakes, rivers, meadows, farms, forest, urban, etc.
- bird type … song birds, raptors, ducks, etc.
- photo content … abstract, birds only, birds & people, birds & landscapes, etc.
I welcome ideas for photoshoots, or ways you believe I should organize / categorize / tag my photographs. I hope you enjoy taking this journey with me.